Dr. Michael North
- Monday: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
– firstname.lastname@example.org –
(860) 832-2698 –
Office: RVAC 3170800
- Ph.D. University of Miami, Mass Communication, 2015
- M.A. University of Miami, Print Journalism, 2009
- B.A. University of Miami, Business Management, 2008
- Public Relations Strategies and Techniques
- Social Media and Public Relations
- Newsgathering Fundamentals
- Writing for the Digital Age: Advertising, Journalism, and Public Relations
- History of Mass Communication
Areas of Research Interests
- How businesses integrate social media within public relations strategy
- Sports communication through social media from both a team and athlete perspective
Dr. Michael North teaches public relations writing and social media as an assistant professor at Central Connecticut State University. He earned his Ph.D. in mass communication at the University of Miami where he focused his research on how Fortune 500 companies use social media to communicate with stakeholders.
Michael’s research focuses primarily on social media with specific attention paid to Twitter. His research interests center on how companies communicate with their stakeholders and what value these companies can derive from social media.
As a proud Hurricane, Michael enjoys watching college football on Saturday afternoons and hopes to make it back home to Miami to watch a game with his parents, brother, and sister in the near future. When outside of the classroom, he is eagerly exploring Hartford and doing his best to improve his golf game.